Submission deadline May 10 for 2019 Eastern Section AAPG (American Association of Professional Geologists)
The 2019 Ohio meeting is scheduled for October 12-16 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus-Worthington, located just off the I-270 beltway intersection with US 23 on the north side of the metro area.
You are invited to submit an abstract for an oral and/or poster presentation at the 2019 Annual Meeting of the AAPG Eastern Section. All topics of interest to the Eastern Section, the Division of Environmental Geosciences, Energy Minerals Division, Petroleum Structure and Geomechanics Division and Division of Professional Affairs will be considered for presentation.
Student presentations are encouraged. The technical program is expected to be comprised of two or three concurrent oral sessions and two poster sessions on October 14th and 15th .
- Applied Geophysics, Petrophysics, and Data Analytics – Basins to Pores
- Utilizing Technology in Modern Exploration and Production
- Reservoir Characterization, Case Studies/Histories
- Recent Advances and Case Studies in Enhanced Recovery of Oil and Gas
- Historical Perspectives on Energy Development in the Eastern USA
- Conventional Petroleum Exploration and Production in the Eastern USA
- Hydrocarbon Exploration and Development from Unconventional Reservoirs
- Case Studies and Current Research on Environmental Impacts from Hydraulic Fracturing, Wastewater Disposal, and Minerals Extraction
- Energy Sustainability and the Environment
- Current Status and Future Prospects for Non-hydrocarbon Based Energy
- Horizontal Wells: Design, Drilling, Completion, Hydraulic Fracturing, and Production Techniques
- Regional Geology of the Eastern USA